Monday, July 2, 2007

Border Crossing


Photo by Josh MartinezOct.2004“We need to get off the bus,” Josh whispered from the seat behind me. A sweaty Mexican border agent with a gun on his hip and a wary look in his eye escorted us off the bus and shuffled the six of us (Katy, Kristin, Cohete, Nevin, Chase, and I) into a small room; from a dusty window in the tiny space I watched our bus drive down a hill and slowly out of sight. In the corner an elderly woman argued with an agent and static voices wafted through the air from a walkie talkie. A border agent with a gunslinger gaze, sitting behind an old wood and metal desk said something to me in Spanish then handed me a form and instructed me to fill it out. Frantically I scrawled down my information, where I was going, what I was doing in Mexico, how long I was to be there.Once done filling out the forms we were directed down the hill to a station where we found the bus we had come into Mexico on. A federale motioned for me to come and put my bags on a metal examination table and then he began pointing at a button underneath a light. I didn’t pick up on his cue at first to press the button but once I did I was apprehensive to take any action. Seconds seemed to stretch into minutes as the officer became more agitated and I didn’t know whether or not I should just press it or take off running. Finally I settled on pressing it and upon doing so a green light flickered on and he motioned for me to get back on the bus. I returned to the bus with the rest of my party and as the sun began to hang lower in the sky we sputtered and churned deeper into Mexico.

11 comments:

a0outlracbe said...

i've had that photo as my background for the last month.i almost forgot that i was suppost to be on that trip. damn your memories.

viverenaotervergonha7622 said...

you could be part of these memories if you were coming back home!damn you james damn youI cry now and I drink myself to sleep.

aboultracoe said...

This is Sam.Add me. I love you B.

ytfimalh said...

I added youlove you too call me back hooker when i call you love b

belatedlove said...

no its not that I just need to get a better picture, I was pretty drunk when I made that post and barely remembered it the next day but yeah Im still not going to cut my hair for a year

diariodeempardusapatos686 said...

Why? On a kind of related note I got my hair cut and the guy who did it thought I was 12! Also I am growing my hair out too!

thebigld said...

Brandon, you are the only person I no that has pissed on their pants -- not pissed them. This is a beautiful thing... kinda... not really.

gratifi0ns8445 said...

So you pissed on them... not in them?I love you B... you make every day Christmas morning.

aharlaetpocico77 said...

I dont know how many of my Christmas' started off with hangovers...

ashlees15 said...

no go ahead

mrpolyonymous said...

yay :D thanxXx